This project came from a client for whom I had recently complete a sofa repair project. This game cabinet had a leather covered top that had gotten wet. The leather started to delaminate and buckle and the particleboard that the leather was glued to had begun to disintegrate. Some prior repair attempts made the situation worse. I decided to replace the particleboard with exterior grade plywood. The leather I found to replace with was thicker and nicer than original. The round coin holes in the top required the purchase of a special tool. A local woodworking shop helped cut the rectangular holes. I used a Dremel tool to fit the brass spinners. Red Mahogany stain helped blend some of the water stained wood on the lower cabinet and gave a nice color to the new leather top.